Decolonize your classroom, indigenize your practice
“Education holds the key to reconciliation…education is what got us into this problem and education is what will get us out.”
HONOURABLE MURRAY SINCLAIR
At IndigenEYEZ, we believe that our collective wellbeing calls for us to decolonize the systemic patterns that divide our communities. IndigenEYEZ workshops and programs are for people looking to make change—in ourselves, our families, our youth, in the classroom, and across the generations.
In September 2022, we launched an experiential training program that teaches educators strategies and techniques to breathe life into Indigenous principles and values, shift their classroom culture and strengthen relationships. kinSHIFT in the Classroom is for educators and schools committed to decolonizing classroom culture to be safer and more inclusive. Over the school year, you'll:
- Gain tools to create an engaging and inclusive learning environment for students
- Foster wellness through creativity and play
- Increase understanding of impacts of colonization and multi-generational trauma
- Increase capacity and courage for introducing and discussing difficult topics in the classroom
- An embodied and holistic understanding of how to apply First Peoples Principles of Learning
EVERYONE IS WELCOME Whether you're a teacher, principal, vice-principal, education assistant, librarian, classroom volunteer, or fulfil another vital role in your school community, there is something for you to gain by participating in this unique hybrid program.
Stay up to date!
Join the kinSHIFT newsletter to receive updates on upcoming workshops and programs.